Juggling multiple grade levels

How do you juggle multiple grade levels?  How can I "combine" Religion with multiple grade levels and still have them be able to take their own grade level tests?  Art/Phys Ed/Music would be easy to combine but what about History, especially when you get to the 4th grade level?  Each grade has it's own testing. 

Mary Ellen Barrett

Hi Chara.  You can ask for a younger child to be enrolled in fourth grade history and get those tests for that student. As long as you think he/she is up to the work.  It's also not too difficult to combine if they are studying the same time period but in two different books. You just have to make sure you cover what's on each test.  

Religion is a little easier to combine, especially in lower grades because it's building on understanding each year. It's a lot of the same information it just gets more involved each year.

Honestly, I have generally found it easier to juggle schedules rather than combine.  Have the older kids work independently in the morning and I work with the younger ones for an hour or so, then switch. Also having older ones help the younger ones (which acts as a review in some cases).

The most I've homeschooled in one year is seven. This year I'm down to four which feels like a vacation 🙂

• Like 2